At BSP we understand every one belongs to a community, and that the relationships we build with each of our customers bring us opportunities to help their communities. Thousands of conversations happen each year with our customers, their communities and BSP men and women, to determine the area of greatest need for a community.
As a part of the communities we live in, we would like to build these relationships and strengthen our community involvement. BSP Community Projects initiative provided an avenue for each of our branch staff to contribute to make a difference. Since its inception in 2009, we're proud that every Branch Manager and their teams have made a personal commitment to this programme, devoting their own time, backed by all the resources of BSP.
Our community projects typically include:
- refurbishing hospital wards and clinics
- renovating classrooms, libraries
- bringing healthcare to communities
- installing water tanks at schools
- constructing new market buildings and bus stops
- plus many more initiatives
Since 2009, we have funded over K14.95 million and taken part in over 576 community projects.
Themes and focus in the last Five (5) years are as follows:
- 2016 - Access to clean water
- 2017 - Empowering Women & Children
- 2018 - Solar Lights for High Schools
- 2019 - Revisiting past projects
- 2020 - Education (Digital Inclusiveness & Refurnishing Classrooms) & Equipping hospitals
- 2021 – Refurbishment of Sporting Facilities, Solar for Rural Health, Refurbishment of Markets & SME Centres and Desks for Schools
- 2022 - Health, Education and Special Needs