With advancement in technology over the years, the way we bank has changed significantly. The introduction of online banking has made banking more convenient for our customers through applications on your smartphone and the Online Banking portal.
BSP is doing their part in ensuring that the online services are secure, but as a user you play an important part in the security of your banking transactions.
Here are few essential security tips to keep in mind.
Internet Banking using the Online Banking portal:
- Do not share user username and password with anyone..
- Do not perform online transactions on computers you suspect that might be compromised.
- Never use public computers to do your banking.
- Keep your computer's anit-virus and spyware up to date with the latest definitions by setting it to automatically update daily.
- Create strong passwords with a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters (a,s,d,A,S,D), numbers (1,2,3,4,5), and special characters (*,&,%,!,#,@,$) with a minimum of 8 characters long.
- Ensure that you log out completely after use even if it is your own PC or Laptop (in an event your device is stolen it will be difficult to Internet Banking without your login credentials)
- Never set your internet browser to remember your password.
Mobile Banking using the BSP app (Applicable to BSP PNG only):
- Only use the official BSP app.
- Download the app from official app stores, such as Google Play and App Store.
- Keep your smartphone's operating system up to date with the latest security patches and upgrades.
- Install and use a reputable anti-virus software application for your smartphone.
- Set your smartphone to auto-lock after a short period of inactivity.
- Log off completely after use
- Never set your phone to remember your password.
- Secure your mobile device with strong passwords with a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters (a,s,d,A,S,D), numbers (1,2,3,4,5), and special characters (*,&,%,!,#,@,$) with a minimum of 8 characters long.
If you feel that your Internet Banking account has been compromised please call BSP Customer Contact Center 132 888 (within Fiji) or +679 3214 400 (from overseas) or email firstname.lastname@example.org