Sending Money Overseas?
Every year, millions of people use Western Union® Money TransferTM service to send money to support family members back home, rescue travellers in emergencies or keep their businesses operating smoothly.
Why Choose Western Union?
- Fast - the money you send will be available for your receiver to collect at its destination minutes after it's been sent.
Secure - every money transfer is protected by Western Union's worldwide security system
Convenient for you when sending with Western Union Money Transfer you don't need a bank account. You can send money to more than 200 countries and territories and there are more than 489,000 Western Union agent locations worldwide*
- Convenient for your receiver - your receiver doesn't need a bank account to receive your money. They can simply collect their money from any Western Union location in your destination country, and they won't have to pay any fees when collecting their money
You can trust Western Union for its fast and convenience service.
When should you use Western Union?
There are many instances when you may need to utilise Western Union's speed and convenience:
- Sending/receiving money to or from home within Papua New Guinea or overseas
- Emergency funds - needed when on overseas business, study or holiday
- When celebrating important events….. allowing families to get together
How to send a money transfer
Sending money using Western Union Money Transfer from a BSP Branch or a Sub Agent Location is simple and fast.
Step1. Fill in a Western Union Transaction Form.
Visit any of the BSP branch and fill in a Western Union "To Send Money" Form.
Step2. Place your order and pay for it.
Present the completed form along with the money you wish to send plus the transaction fee and any required identification.
Click here for the ID Requirements
Step 3. Collect receipt and let your receiver know about your transfer.
How to receive the money
Visit any BSP branch or Sub Agent Location providing Western Union Money Transfer Service, fill out the Receiver Money form with full details of sender name, expected amount, sending country, and the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
Step 1. Present the completed form along with any identification as required
Click here for the ID Requirements
Step 2. Collect your money and receipt
Note Effective 04th November 2015,
- Please remember to bring one primary ID with you when sending and receiving 1Kina to 9,999Kina, and one primary ID and one additional ID when sending and receiving 10,000Kina and above.
- On Subsequent visits for transactions of any amount, you will need to bring the same primary ID each time, but you won't need the additional ID.
- This is mandatory for all customers as required by Papua New Guinea law,
Find a BSP branch or Sub Agent Location near you to organise your money transfer
Western Union Money Transfer is available at the following BSP branches and BSP Sub Agents
|Aitape Branch||Kavieng Branch|
|Alotau Branch||Kimbe Branch|
|Arawa Branch||Kiunga Branch|
|Badili Homemaker||Kokopo Branch|
|Bialla Branch||Madang Branch|
|Boroko Branch||Mendi Branch|
|Boroko Premium||Mt Hagen Branch|
|BSP First Harbour City||Motukea Branch|
|BSP First Commerical Centre||Pogera Branch|
|BSP First Port Moresby||Popondetta Branch|
|BSP Premium Madang Branch||Port Moresby Branch|
|BSP Sub Agent Locations||Port Moresby Premium Branch|
|BSP Water Front Branch||Rabaul Branch|
|Buka Branch||Stop and Shop Rainbow|
|Bulolo Branch||Tabubil Branch|
|CPL Deloitte||Tari Branch|
|CPL Vision City||Vanimo Branch|
|Daru Branch||Vision City Branch|
|Gordons Commerical Centre||Waigani Banking Centre|
|Goroka Branch||Waigani Drive Branch|
|Harbour City Branch||Wewak Branch|
|Kainantu Branch||Wabag Branch|
Visit your nearest BSP Branch today
For more information on Western Union, click here.