The First Home Ownership Loan (FHOL) is BSP's initiative to create a pathway for Papua New Guineans to have access to specially structured loans to acquire their first home. It is the lowest Home Loan Rate at 4% pa Fixed Rate since 2015.
- Be a PNG Citizen and a first home buyer
- Provide proof & evidence of 10% equity
- Be an employee of either public service or the private sector and earning a regular income
- Provide 6 months bank statement if your salary account is with another bank.
- Statement of outstanding debt from other banks or financial institutions (including Savings & Loan societies).
- Provide three (3) latest payslips
- Provide Letter of Confirmation of Employment or copy of your Employment Contract.
- Note: Your letter of Confirmation of Employment must state your annual base salary including housing allowance you are entitled to.
How to Apply
- Complete a BSP Loan Application below.
- Download the BSP FHOS Checklist.
- Go through the checklist and ensure all requirements are on hand (if you are not sure about any of the requirements, contact us on 320 1212/ 7030 1212)
- Complete the BSP Loan Application form
- Submit the completed BSP Loan Application form and required documents at your nearest BSP branch.
Restrictions will apply on refinancing or resale of the property under this housing scheme.
For more information
Refer to the First Home Ownership Scheme FAQ, Information Pack or BSP FHOS Loan Checklist below.