Dear Valued Customer,
I am pleased to advise that BSP will be launching its new Core Banking System in February 2023 which will deliver an enhanced customer experience for all our customers. As a current Internet Banking Customer, this change includes enhancements to our Internet Banking functionalities as well as the introduction of our convenient BSP App. To ensure we can seamlessly transition you across to the new Internet Banking platform, I would like to take this opportunity to outline these changes in more detail.
BSP Internet Banking
BSP Internet Banking will be available on the go live date of Sunday, February 26th 2023. All current BSP Internet Banking customers will receive a new 9 digit User Name via the customers registered email address held with BSP around February 17th 2023. This new User name can then be used to log on to BSP’s new Internet Banking from 3pm February 26th, 2023 using your current Internet Banking Password. You will be required to change your password when you first log into the new BSP Internet Banking platform.
BSP does require the following information to be current in order to seamlessly transition you to the new Internet Banking platform namely (1) Date of Birth (2) Email address and (3) Mobile number. BSP encourages customers to update this information by contacting our call centre on 320 1212 or visit any of our branches as soon as possible.
BSP’s new Internet Banking will include a range of additional functionality and features to enhance our customer service delivery. In addition to all current functionality, the following additional self-service features will be available:
- Open a Term Deposit Account
- Apply for a Current and or Savings Account
- Apply for a Personal Loan
- Track your Application (Current, Savings, Loan)
- Self-Register for Internet Banking (New Users)
- Multiple Payments – this allows you to make multiple transfers to BSP, Other Banks or Overseas Banks in one transaction.
- Utility Payments – You will be able to purchase Mobile Phone Credits, Easipay, Airline Tickets and Solar Power top ups
- Multiple Bill Payments – this allows you to make multiple Bill payments in one transaction.
- Make partial or full redemptions of your Term Deposits
- Update Maturity instructions for Term Deposits
- View basic Loan details
- View your Loan Repayment Schedule
- Make Loan Repayments
- Request and download statements
- View and download e-receipts
- View and download transaction history in different formats
- Peer-To-Peer Payments. Internet Banking Payments to a mobile number or email address.
- Forgot User name
- Forgot Password
- ATM/Branch/Agent locator
- BSP Internet Banking Home page
BSP further wishes to advise that in order to facilitate the change in the new Core Banking System, there will be a short outage to our existing BSP Internet Banking on Friday February 24th from 12:00 mid night to 3:00pm Sunday 26th February. BSP apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
I am also pleased to advise that as part of the new Core Banking system, our customers will for the first time have access to the BSP App which enables access to all of their banking at their fingertips. Our market leading Banking App will be downloadable from the Apple App Store or Google Playstore and will deliver all of the functionality you will get on Internet Banking as outlined above.
The BSP App can be conveniently accessed through a single sign-on using the same BSP User Name that all existing BSP Internet Banking Users will receive via email. Customers who do not currently have access to BSP Internet Banking will be able to self-register for BSP Internet Banking and the BSP App from February 27th, 2023
I trust that this information provides you with the guidance you require however if you do require further clarity, please contact our BSP Call Centre on 320 1212 or visit our website on www.bsp.com.pg to access our Core Banking upgrade Frequently Asked Questions and to obtain further details.
I thank you for your banking with BSP and look forward to seamlessly delivering an improved level of service.
Group General Manager - Retail Bank