This position reports to the Test Lead, as well as other digital project stakeholders. This role will be responsible for ensuring Quality, Integrity, Usability (Fit for Use) and Effectiveness of the Bank’s Core Banking System, and other Banking Applications/Systems by effectively testing and providing Quality Assurance checks on all System Implementations to eliminate and/or mitigate potential systems risks prior to implementation into production systems. All works produced and methods used must confirm to approved Bank’s Policies (BSP Testing Methodologies) and Strategies.
- Responsible for Designing Test Cases (Test Design Specifications) for maximum Test Coverage and Quality results in relation to Digital initiatives and projects, aimed at the enhancement of the new Core Banking System.
- Provides technical expertise on specific Banking products, operating systems and specialized Test Automation Tools.
- In the absence of the Test Lead, be responsible for Maintenance of Test Automation Tools, including licensing renewal issues, operational issues etc.
- Provide competent advice, information & assistance to Testers and other relevant IT Teams and/or external developer(s) of Business Applications and system changes to facilitate timely resolution of issues identified through Testing.
- Build Test Data or Automated Test scripts for specific Test scenarios where applicable for these major banking applications/systems: Flexcube and its related applications; Electronic Banking System/Postilion; and other PC Applications/Databases.
Key Competencies, Professional/Technical Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- University Degree in Computing and/or Business related field.
- Certified Software Testing Professional Foundation (at least at intermediate level).
- ISTQB Foundation Certification.
- Foundation ITIL Qualification is desirable.
- More than 3 years commercial banking experience in manual/automated software testing.
- At least 2 years of experience working in project involving stakeholders of various management levels.
- Intermediate technical skills in Project Management.
- Intermediate technical skills in Numeracy/Financial computations.
- Intermediate technical skills in Computing/IT to ensure an extensive knowledge and understanding of IT fundamentals, including information analysis methods and techniques.
- Sound knowledge of commercial Core Banking System, Teller System and other Banking Applications.
- Thorough working knowledge of Testing Methodologies & the types of testing and has practical application on using the different testing techniques to suit test.
- Proficient in the use of automated testing tools. E.g. TestComplete, SmartTest400, Paragon, MasterCard and VTS Simulators.
- Sound knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle principles and methodology.
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experience to perform one of these roles, send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management, BSP Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Please contact us should you require additional information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close on Friday, 22nd October 2021.