Friday, June 2, 2023
About the Role:
Based in Port Moresby, the role reports to the Team Leader Data Centre Facilities. The purpose of this role is to assists in all aspects of the Data Centre operations and is responsible for;
- Supporting the day to day operations of the Data Centre.
- Deployment and removal of I.T Hardwares.
- 1st Line hardware support.
- Building, deploying and maintaining equipment in BSP’s 2 main Data Centres.
- Provide first line support for both Data Centers.
- Monitoring, operating and reporting on critical equipment, including Air Conditioning, Generator, UPS and Fire Alarm Systems.
- Maintain safety and security of the Data Centers.
- Confirm that all hardware deliveries are correct as per the purchase order, highlight and issues or incorrect delivery’s to the relevant parties.
- Maintain the register of assets of Servers and Network equipment, ensuring that all hardware is asset tagged and all relevant information is accurately recorded in Data Centre Operations.
- Take part in relevant project meetings to ensure that all information relating to the installation of equipment is gathered and confirmed prior to the installation process.
- Installation of Hardware in the Data Centre in accordance with the Hardware installation process.
- Ensure all documentations is current and up to date.
- Confirm that all work in the Data Centre space has the relevant approvals and change process in place prior to the commencement of work.
- Contribute to and maintain Data Centre operational procedures and Standards.
- Highlight any operational issues to the Data Centre Manager as soon as possible.
- Any other tasks as directed by BSP Management.
Essential Qualifications, Professional/ Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Possess technical skills in network cabling, installation of Data Centre Operations (basic), understanding of PC/Server Hardware, Microsoft Application knowledge (Foundation).
- At least 1 year experience in the Data Centre Industry.
- Minimum 2 years experience in IT Network communications and/or
- Minimum 2 years in Infrastructure hardware build and staging/hosting.
Think you have the appropriate skills and experience to perform this role? Send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management, BSP People & Culture via email email@example.com
Please contact us should you require additional information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close on Thursday, 8th June, 2023.
Data Centre Technician
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea