- Analyze and assess the financial statements and credit history of existing and potential clients.
- Ensure all simple Lending applications, ALOC, annual review are effectively and efficiently completed for specific clients.
- Load the ALOC, Moody’s Report, Risk Grade, Financial Statements via Nautilus to Credit Department for approval making sure data integrity is maintained at all times.
- Maintain constant contact with Professional Valuers for property valuations, Lands Department for title search and company search in accordance with business laws and bank policy.
- Ensure drawdown of loans new/increase and/or partial conditions are met by clients and correct fees, interest rates and repayment schedule are appropriately applied in line with lending policy.
- Review credit applications and perform credit checks.
- Structure deals and perform risk assessments.
- Ability to make informed decisions backed by sound assessment.
- Consult and negotiate with clients regarding financial transactions, payments terms, and credit limits.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and submit applications on time.
- Understanding of business, economic, and industry risk.
- Financial forecasting.
- Keep abreast of financial news and trends.
- Practice due diligence.
- Assist the Lending Assistants to upgrade skill level on the job as part of learning and development process within the business unit.
Essential Qualifications, Technical Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Have Banking/Financial Services experience.
- 5 plus years of work experience preferably in Lending environment or similar.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Intermediate technical skills in (Numeracy/Financial, Lending Processes, Risk Management & Product knowledge).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong and effective relationships (both with fellow colleagues and customers).
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of BSP lending policies & procedures.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills.
- Has an understanding of prudential requirements of the PNG banking environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and poses a strong attention to detail.
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experience to perform these roles, send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management, BSP Human Resources via email email@example.com
Please contact us should you require additional information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close on Monday, 12th April 2021