This position is based in Port Moresby and will report to the Head of Compliance and AML. The successful incumbent will be responsible in assisting with the establishment and maintenance of a robust and effective compliance framework throughout Papua New Guinea and the Countries that BSP operates in. The incumbent must be able to provide assurance to the Head of Compliance and AML on compliance with all relevant regulations and industry legislation.
- Liaise with and provide oversight on Compliance functions to drive Group Strategies.
- Ensuring SBU’s are aware of changes in regulatory environment and regulatory obligations are met through the development of necessary policies and procedures.
- Ensure all staff training for all Compliance staff located in PNG and the Countries that BSP operates in, occurs per budget allocation.
- Identifying the Bank’s obligations through Legislations and BPNG’s prudential standards and guidelines or Central Bank equivalent Prudential Standards and guidelines for the Countries that BSP operates in.
- Develop and regularly review the Bank’s approach in relation to significant risk policies and strategies.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of compliance risks including reports on breaches to policies, procedures, prudential standards, legislation or regulations as outlined in the Bank’s obligations register.
- Provide weekly reports on compliance to Head of Compliance & AML
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports to CEO, EXCO and BACC on compliance issues and breaches.
- Report on Legislative updates; Compliance breaches and incidents; Regulatory notices received and responses; Suspicious Matters Reported; customer exits; Compliance/AML/Sanctions Training; policy reviews, Regulatory Onsite Examinations; Sanctions Payments Screening; International Payments screening; Threshold Reporting and Customer Complaints.
- Maintain and update Library of relevant Legislations, Regulations, and Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor complaints relating to the Compliance and AML Units.
- Maintain an understanding of relevant regulatory requirements, including AML/CTF related regulations in PNG and the countries that BSP operates in to provide advice and guidance to Head of Compliance & AML and other senior managers enabling them to implement compliant policies and procedures.
Essential Qualifications, Professional/ Skills and Experience:
- Degree or other Tertiary Diploma relating to finance, business or law related field, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed understanding of regulatory compliance.
- Strong commitment to quality customer service.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the finance industry.
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experience to perform this role, send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management, BSP Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant must be COVID-19 vaccinated, and must provide a copy of your vaccination record card.
Please contact us should you require additional information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications closes on Friday, 13th May 2022