Foreign Currency Account (FCA)
- Easily accessible funds to pay for travel, education or other offshore expenses or investments (subject to Bank of PNG regulations)
- Flexibility to exchange foreign currency to Kina at a time of your own choice
- Foreign currency can be held in anticipation of favorable exchange rates
- Can be used as security against loan transactions
- Foreign currency accounts can be used by business entities or individuals
How to apply
- At your nearest BSP branch or through your Relationship Manager.
- A Kina Account must be held.
- BSP's identification and document requirements apply to individuals and business entities, with a minimum opening deposit.
Requests for Foreign Currency Accounts require BPNG approval. Refer to following documents for more information:
Fees and charges
Service and transaction fees apply on Foreign Currency Accounts.