- No establishment fees
- Minimum terms vary for business entities and individuals
- Opening minimum deposits may vary
- Competitive interest rates
- Option to re-invest with principal or paid to a nominated account on maturity
- Early redemption is not allowed
- Individuals and business can hold deposits in multiple currencies
- Periodically take advantage of favourable exchange rate movements
- Deposit held at fixed rates and terms
- Maximise interest on surplus funds
- Accumulate funds to pay for travel, educational or other Offshore expenses or investments (subject to Bank of PNG regulatory compliance)
- Foreign currency can be held in anticipation of favourable exchange rates
- Can be used as security against loan transactions
How to apply
At your nearest BSP branch or through your Relationship Manager.
BSP's identification and document requirements apply to individuals and business entities, with a minimum opening deposit.
Fees and charges
Service and transaction fees apply on Foreign Currency Accounts.